Taking great care of your jewelry in the summer can be a frustrating task. While you can wear your JuJus in the sea and in the sun without having to worry about wear & tear, you may want to have them taken care of so they preserve their pristine shine as the summer rolls out.
Bring Back the Sparkle
Wipe the Jujus you wear frequently with a clean, soft, slightly damp cloth. You can send your Jujus that you use more frequently to us for a professional end-of-summer cleaning and leave with Jujus sparkling like new.
Ensure appropriate storage conditions for your jewelry
- Store your jewelry in a clean, dry place, such as a fabric-lined jewelry box, or in a box with dividers to prevent the pieces from scratching one another. To prevent chains from tangling, we recommend that you store them horizontally with the clasp closed when you are not wearing them.
Check for damage
Gold/Rose/Silver plating does not guarantee a permanent finish. Since jewelry is not pure gold, it will tarnish and fade over time; but proper maintenance will prolong its life. You can bring your Jujus to our stores or send them to our workshop for proper care. By doing so, you can have them checked for loose stones, broken or worn-out parts, faded colors and other possible damage that is not visible to the naked eye.
Below you can find our general care tips for your Jujus.
- Fragrances and Lotions: Prevent Jujus from direct contact with body lotions and fragrances. Should you put on lotion and/or perfume/cologne, we recommend that you wear your Juju's after your skin is dry to prevent tarnishing
- Shower/Bath: Jujus are fully resistant to water. However, we do recommend that you dry them after contact with water.
- Swimming Pool: Since chlorine is a harsh chemical, we recommend that you rinse your JUJU with potable water and dry it if you choose to wear them in the pool.
- Sea: Jujus are fully resistant to seawater. However, we do recommend that you dry them after you wear them in the sea.
- You can use a microfiber cloth to clean your Jujus. Materials such as paper towels can scratch plating.
- Do not worry if there is any color change or tarnishing in your jewelry as JUJU offers lifetime maintenance and repair services.